King Mohammed VI offers Algeria an opportunity to end its isolation over the Sahara issue, calling on Algerian authorities to engage in «a consensual solution that preserves the dignity of all parties, with no winners or losers». On the 26th anniversary of his accession to the throne, King Mohammed VI delivered a national address Tuesday evening, marked by a notable overture to Algeria and a call to turn the page on strained bilateral relations. «I have expressed Morocco's readiness for an open and responsible dialogue, a fraternal and sincere conversation addressing the various outstanding issues between our two nations», the monarch said. «Our unwavering commitment to reaching out to our Algerian brothers reflects our deep belief in the unity of our peoples and our shared ability to rise above this regrettable situation». The King also reiterated Morocco's support for regional integration. «We reaffirm our commitment to the Maghreb Union, convinced that it cannot be achieved without the joint participation of Morocco and Algeria, alongside the other brotherly nations». This marks the first time the Moroccan sovereign has directly responded to Algeria's attempts to promote a Maghreb vision that excludes the kingdom, a project that has yet to take shape. A Renewed Hand in a Changing Landscape While King Mohammed VI has previously extended calls for «frank dialogue with our Algerian brothers», most notably during the Green March speech on November 6, 2018, the regional and global context has since shifted dramatically. Morocco has seen significant economic progress in recent years, which the King highlighted in the first part of his speech. At the same time, Rabat has consolidated international support for its autonomy plan for Western Sahara, with three permanent members of the UN Security Council—the United States, France, and the United Kingdom—backing the proposal. The Moroccan position continues to gain traction across Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia. In contrast, Algeria's regional influence has receded since 2018, and it finds itself increasingly isolated diplomatically. King Mohammed VI used the occasion to thank the governments of the United Kingdom and Portugal for their support of the Moroccan initiative first proposed in 2007. «These positions in favor of justice and legitimacy bring us great pride», he said. «They encourage us to continue working toward a consensual solution, one that safeguards the dignity of all parties, without winners or losers». The monarch's renewed call for reconciliation with Algeria comes as U.S. Special Advisor for Africa, Massad Boulos, tours the Maghreb region, with a recent stop in Algiers.